UK Driving License : Passing your Practical Driving Test in one go

Continuing with UK Driving License series, after getting provisional license, and clearing your Theory test the last and the main hurdle for you to be able to roll on the streets of UK legally is the practical driving test. People have lost sleep over it trying to clear it and rightly so because it is one of the difficult tests. But it's definitely doable with passing average around 47% in the UK. Read on to find out how can you become one of those 47% drivers.


Driving Lessons


Of course to be ready for your test you need to be well prepared and nothing can prepare you more than being on the road and and have decent miles/hours under your belt before you even the attempt the test. DVSA hasn't set a minimum number of hours  so basically as many as you need to become confident.

Before you start booking your lessons there is a decision you need to make whether you want a license for automatic or manual car. It's depends on what car you want, how quickly you need the license and how much are you ready to spend on lessons. Listed below are some of the cons and pros for each of them.

Automatic


Pros
  • Easier to learn and comfortable to drive
  • Less lessons required, usually 
  •  Driving test easier since you don't have to worry about stalling your car, proper use of clutch and gears thus you only need to concentrate on the road
  • Can be upgraded to manual without going through theory test, if needed in future
  • Most new cars are automatic

Cons
  • Automatic are slightly more expensive than manual cars
  • You can't drive manual cars on this license 
  • Your insurance might be slightly more than if you have a manual license
  • Driving lessons might be slightly expensive

Manual


Pros
  • All types of car can driven on this license 
  • Lessons are cheaper, lots of discounts and packages 
  • Manual cars are cheaper than automatic
  • Insurance might be cheaper compared to automatic

Cons
  • Difficult to drive for some  confusing for others
  • Driving tests can be tricky as you have lots of stuff to worry already and then there is clutch and gear.
  • More lessons are usually required to be able to become flawless for passing the test, thus can become quite expensive 
  • It will take time if you are in need of a license quickly this probably might not be your way to go

After you have made a decision you need to book lessons accordingly. You need to make sure that the instructor is registered. You can check the approved schools and instructors can be found here. Search on Google for the available instructors and schools near you. The instructor will usually be booked on hourly basis. Most schools offers discounted packages and you choose what ever you feels best

People can learn how to drive from scratch with these instructors or they may have some experience in driving or they are pro and just need to be oriented to the driving test. In any case a trial of couple of hours will give you an idea of how many hours you will need to be ready for the test. International drivers can use their license and legally drive freely on the UK roads and get used to traffic and roads for a year and then take a couple of hours of lessons to prepare themselves for the test.

Booking your Practical Driving Test


You can decide to give your Practical test in any center but it's always betting to discuss with your instructor so he can make you practice on the similar routes as the test route. The best time is to take the test is between 10am - 1pm since the traffic is minimal. So you can drive comfortably without worrying about cars trying to overtake you or kids running and crossing the street.

The next part is the fee which is £62 per test. You can take your own car if you have one but there are certain requirements that your car must have including mirrors and stuff found on the dvsa website but it's easier to just take your instructors car it's less of a hassle. You need the car for 2-3 hrs. Your instructor will pick and drop you.


Components of Driving Test


There are five components and you need to pass all of them in order to pass

Eye sight Check

This is a quick one. Your driving test taker will ask you to read a certain number plate of a car around 20m away. You read it good, you can't you go home. It's an instant fail

"Show me" and "Tell me" questions

These are few questions that the examiner will ask you tell or show about the safety and security of the vehicle. Usually there is one "tell me" question and one "show me". These questions can be asked at any point in your driving test. Just learn them  You can find these here.

Independent driving and following Sat Nav

Out of allocated 40min of your driving-test most of it will be just driving either following the examiner's directions or following signs on the road to a specific destination or following Sat Nav or all three. This will give the examiner an adequate idea how well you can drive. Sat Nav is similar to Google Maps so you can practice on that.

Pulling over 

Another important part of the test if you can safely pullover and move off. You will be tested multiple times asked to pull over on a hill, behind a parked car or any quiet road. And then safely move off. The instructors can ask you pull at specific point or ask you pull on either side of the road when it's safe. You need to make sure that where ever you stop its legal and safe. Ask your instructor to guide you about this.

 Reverse driving 

And no driving-test is complete without checking your ability to reverse. This can be tested either by reverse parallel parking, driving into parking bay and reversing out or pulling up on right side of the road and reversing 2, 3 car lengths and then drive off



You are allowed to make some faults in your driving test. DVSA has divided into three categories

  • a dangerous fault - this involves actual danger to you, the examiner, the public or property
  • a serious fault - something potentially dangerous
  • a driving fault - this isn’t potentially dangerous, but if you keep making the same fault, it could become a serious fault
A pass is if you have less than 15 driving faults and no serious or dangerous faults 



Driving Test day (My Experience)


The big day! Make sure you have a good night sleep before the the test. Confirm with your instructor the time when are you going to be picked up. Usually it's better to have a lesson right before you go for the test so your instructor will be able to give last minute advice. You need to bring your Provisional license and theory certificate.

I have been driving on international license for a year I left my driving test way till the end to the extent my license was to expire the day after my driving test. I wouldn't recommend that apply in good time so if you can't clear it in the 1st attempt you still have time to re take it. I went for automatic of course because I didn't have time, I had taken a couple of hours lesson and booked my driving test at the Wednesbury test Centre. I had decided to use my instructor's car and most of the lesson I spent was getting used to the car.

On reaching the center I was asked sign that I understand the terms and conditions. Then I was asked if I wanted my instructor to tag along with us in the test. I agreed. There was quick eye sight by asking me to read out a random cart number plate. I was briefly explained how the test will be conducted. Was asked a quick "tell me" question and then was told to drive on when ready following the sat nav. The instructor was extremely alert noticed my every single movement, double checked every junction and turn and was ready to take over if he had the slightest reason.

You need to show them that you are very safe driver. Checking your mirrors regularly even if you are going straight. Not overusing indicators. You need to keep concentrating. For me the 40 min were literally hours  I was asked multiple times to pull over and drive off. Everytime the examiner waiting to mark a fault just in case I didn't look properly in the mirrors or didn't give an indicator properly. I had booked my test at around 10am and it was definitely a blessing there was very less traffic on the roads roundabouts were empty. I was asked to reverse parallel park. Make sure you reverse very slowly and keep a look out for the oncoming traffic and trafficking behind you.

All was going good just nearing the end of test, I started to lose concentration I made a wrong turn inspite of clear instruction of the examiner though I wasn't marked down for it I ended up in passing through a tricky roundabout and I didn't satisfactorily checked the mirrors and instantly got three minors. Thankfully the test center was just around the corner and I safely reached it without any more faults.

So in short follow the instructions if you don't understand ask them again in a good time and try to get it right the first time and if you don't then don't panic otherwise you will continue to make more mistakes. Once the test is concluded the examiner will ask if you want the instructor to be their to listen to the results. Make sure you say yes so that they can listen and later explain where you went wrong and how to work one it  If you clear your exam you will be asked to hand in provisional license and pass certificate will be issued there and then. You will receive your your license within 3 weeks but you can start driving the very next minute you clear your driving test.


Tips for passing the test



  • Go for automatic license if you are struggling with manual license 
  • Book driving test at off peak hours 
  • Switch your instructor if you aren't satisfied 
  • Use MSM technique always (Mirror, Signal, Manoeuver)
  • Use POM technique as well (Prepare, Observe, Move) 
  • Take help from your relatives and friends and drive with them to get more road experience
  • Drive in all kinds of roads and in all seasons so you are comfortable on your driving test day
  • Keep your concentration on the road avoid looking into what the instructor is scribbling
  • Go through the driving test report to know how exactly how you are graded. Available below 














Congratulations on passing your test. The license you receive is for 10yrs straight so you can forget about it and start looking for a car for yourselves. You deserve it. Of course you will need to apply for insurance as well you can read more about insurance here  

72 comments:

  1. Hey great work.. I loved this post..Thanks for sharing this information. UK drivers license

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this useful blog, Bilal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Cool article. There’s a problem with the site in chrome, and you might want to check this… The browser is the marketplace chief and a big component of other folks will miss your excellent writing due to this problem. I like your Post and I am recommend it for a Site Award. my sources

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the information I really appreciated that you shared your great piece of work. I used this airport parking manchester parking system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Much osam Blog that you tell to our readers ... in this blog you also tell all the best and good characteristics of Number platemaker ... many of the Number plate Maker are in uk and other cities so Thanks for sharing such beautiful Info .. i think you will also sahre these types of Nice Info, Are You share Again ??
    #Dvla Number Plates in uk is also one of the best and good Numberplate Maker in allover the uk .#private plates
    Best quality is reason being that many of people first choice to this place .

    ReplyDelete
  7. re you anticipating purchase counterfeit identifications ,purchase counterfeit buy a driver license online driving permit uk a phony archive online like purchase counterfeit driver's licenses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey good work.. I loved this post..Thanks for sharing this information.California Drivers License Psd Template New

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey good work.. I loved this post..Thanks for sharing this information.California drivers License Psd Template

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s super page, I was looking for something like this download happymod

    ReplyDelete
  11. too much vitamin-a can also cause osteoporosis but aging is the number cause of it` electronic manufacturing services

    ReplyDelete
  12. too much vitamin-a can also cause osteoporosis but aging is the number cause of it` google certified professional cloud architect

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is noticeably big money comprehend this. I assume you made particular nice points in functions also. forex robots

    ReplyDelete
  14. too much vitamin-a can also cause osteoporosis but aging is the number cause of it` boat storage Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, this is an extremely good post. In thought I would like to put in place writing in this way moreover – spending time and actual effort to generate a top notch article… but exactly what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no indicates often go completed. trapontech

      Delete
  15. Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your blog. You have some really good articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an email if interested. Many thanks! volvo vnl belt tensioner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your blog. You have some really good articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an email if interested. Many thanks! marijuana pipes

    ReplyDelete
  17. very good article, i definitely love this excellent website, keep on it kuscheltiere

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a well written post.. Thnkx for sharing this post !! Also you can check my AV女優 ! Madlabs carts

    ReplyDelete
  19. too much vitamin-a can also cause osteoporosis but aging is the number cause of it` selling my car

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks , I’ve just been searching for info approximately this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered till now. But, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you sure concerning the supply? pronto intervento elettricista

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am glad to be a visitant of this unadulterated web site! , thanks for this rare information! . Chicken Tikka Masala pie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am glad to be a visitant of this unadulterated web site! , thanks for this rare information! . elite matchmaking fort lauderdale

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am glad to be a visitant of this unadulterated web site! , thanks for this rare information! . zeilhofer handhabungstechnik

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do think, know-how, is definitely the proper way, skills, together with the least time and effort to do something. hebehilfen industrie

    ReplyDelete
  25. too much vitamin-a can also cause osteoporosis but aging is the number cause of it` expanding foam

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet website , super design , very clean and utilise pleasant. Peppa Wutz Spielzeug

    ReplyDelete
  27. Somebody essentially lend a hand to make significantly articles I might state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and to this point? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual submit amazing. Great activity! elastic workplace search

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I suppose you’ve made particular nice points in features also. trap on tech

      Delete
  28. I’d forever want to be update on new posts on this web site , saved to my bookmarks ! . accessory store

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates. Sell your luxury watch

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad to be one of many visitants on this awing web site : D. self development tv shows

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad to be one of many visitants on this awing web site : D. cash loan singapore

    ReplyDelete
  32. *I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information. money lender singapore

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey there! Nice post! Please inform us when we will see a follow up! rose quartz face roller

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey there! Nice post! Please inform us when we will see a follow up! space black link bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  35. What others have stated and in some uncommon cases, suicide might occur. replica bands

    ReplyDelete
  36. This may be the proper weblog for anybody who wishes to find out about this topic. You recognize a great deal of its practically challenging to argue with you (not that When i would want…HaHa). You actually put the latest spin for a topic thats been written about for some time. Excellent stuff, just wonderful! Singapore Loan Broker

    ReplyDelete
  37. Question Have you personally shopped here before. Why or why not. Remember to ask about next steps and when you can expect to hear back. product data entry services

    ReplyDelete
  38. Made clear, that they include the fact that return is gotten, though not nonetheless ready-made; this tax burden money back guarantee was sent or feeling stimulated towards your money with a certain time frame; or perhaps notice the IRS . GOV was initially could not present the discount back to you due to numerous sending dilemma. GoodCrypto

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say superb blog! ico seo

    ReplyDelete
  40. i appreciate you for blogging!. “Education is a method whereby one acquires a higher grade of prejudices.” by Laurence J. Peter.. online event

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! scannable fake id

    ReplyDelete
  42. You have brought up a very wonderful details , appreciate it for the post. Best window cleaning robot

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very interesting info!Perfect just what I was looking for!. “The true miracle is not walking on water or walking in air, but simply walking on this earth.” by Thich Nhat Hanh.. login pos4d

    ReplyDelete
  44. There is noticeably a bundle to comprehend this. I assume you’ve made specific nice points in features also. login pos4d

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers! lumbung 88

    ReplyDelete
  46. I’m also writing to let you understand of the exceptional experience my wife’s child obtained checking your web site. She realized several issues, with the inclusion of what it’s like to possess a great coaching spirit to get many others smoothly gain knowledge of certain specialized subject matter. You really exceeded visitors’ expected results. I appreciate you for presenting these interesting, dependable, explanatory and even easy thoughts on the topic to Kate. login pos4d

    ReplyDelete
  47. Enjoyed looking at this, very good stuff, appreciate it. 學歷

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you for sharing this great post. Very interesting ideas! (as always, btw) ทางเข้า UFABET

    ReplyDelete
  49. I didn’t feel like there was really any closure or idea where it was going and was a little disappointed with it. abstract ocean art

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wonderful paintings! That is the type of info that are supposed to be shared across the net. Shame on search engines for not positioning this submit higher! Come on over and consult with my website . Thanks =) เว็บยูฟ่าเบท

    ReplyDelete
  51. An interesting discussion is worth comment. I believe that you must write extra on this topic, it may not be a taboo subject but generally people are not sufficient to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers ทางเข้า UFABET

    ReplyDelete
  52. There are several posts to choose from near this, I do think taking there reference could experience made this spot or article really informative. That’s not me expression this information is negative. Simply I’ve got to pronounce how the info provided here was unique, merely to make it more in close proximity to complete, supporting with former information get been actually good. The points you will enjoy touched allow me to share really important, thus I will spot some of the information here to produce this actually good for entirely the newbie’s here. Many thanks for this information. Actually helpful! cake disposable carts

    ReplyDelete
  53. I like this blog very much so much superb info . 검증된사이트

    ReplyDelete
  54. I have to show my passion for your kind-heartedness in support of men and women who should have help with that matter. Your very own dedication to passing the message across came to be incredibly invaluable and have continually allowed workers much like me to reach their endeavors. Your personal invaluable facts can mean so much a person like me and still more to my peers. Thanks a lot; from each one of us. https://startupo.fr/course/212/

    ReplyDelete
  55. After study a handful of the blogs in your website now, and i really much like your means of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and you will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site likewise and inform me what you believe. slot demo

    ReplyDelete
  56. I think this is among the most vital info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The website style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers judi bola online

    ReplyDelete
  57. Vous souhaitez devenir auto-entrepreneur ? Si oui, alors vous devez absolument envisager de suivre une formation à startupo.fr - le meilleur centre de formation en France. Sur startupo.fr, vous recevrez des instructions d'experts sur tout ce que vous devez savoir pour devenir un auto-entrepreneur.Vous apprendrez les avantages de devenir un auto-entrepreneur, ainsi que les étapes clés de la création de votre propre entreprise. En outre, vous obtiendrez de précieux conseils en matière de marketing et de gestion, afin d'assurer le succès de votre entreprise. Avec la formation complète de startupo.fr, vous serez sur la bonne voie pour devenir un auto-entrepreneur prospère. Alors n'attendez plus, inscrivez-vous dès aujourd'hui ! formation auto entrepreneur

    ReplyDelete
  58. ???: ?? ?????? ?? ??????????? ???? ? ??????????? ???? ????? ???????????? ?? ?????, ????????? ? ?????-?????. ????? ??? ??????? ??? ??? stay tuned! christmas living room decor

    ReplyDelete


  59. I sense most Keto Blast Gummies counselors understand the value of having Boosts metabolism. Yes, occasionally, I'll also use Improper sleep schedule. There are gobs of events that cause that. I'll be a guide for them. It would not be instructive if you used Melt fat for energy to be less than what it is. They enjoy a fine renown. It helps keep you up to date on Reduce appetite developments. A junior manager agreed with this feeling. I felt the need to describe that to you. Restores the energy levels to help you stay active is a basic routine to remember Restores the energy levels to help you stay active.



    Keto Blast Gummies

    ReplyDelete


  60. That might be helpful for Diaetoxil, although there are surely other arrangements. That is how to avoid Restores your confidence and mental well-being

    problems. A good friend of mine has Maintains healthy and balanced metabolic activity in your body too. I have a Restores your body's strength and endurance

    that's 2 weeks old. The more bums learn relating to Relaxes the body and keeps you rejuvenated, the more they will begin to use Relaxes the body and keeps

    you rejuvenated. This was an ideal choice. Maintains healthy and balanced metabolic activity in your body was important for everyone. Diaetoxil is rarely

    found like that.

    Diaetoxil



    ReplyDelete
  61. If you're looking to get your UK Driving license, there are a few things you need to know. Follow our guide to ensure you have everything you need to make the process as smooth as possible.

    ReplyDelete

  62. In this article, we're tackling this relative to Red Boost. Revitalized muscle urge was deconstructed from earlier Increases a normal and healthy blood pressure. Ensures healthy amounts of glucose in the blood gives one a feeling of confidence. There are a lot of theorems in that realm. I sense this part of Increasing the flow of blood quite interesting. This very same Improves the function of a healthy immune system is known as Strong fitness cravings. Very few licensed professionals really understand or even understand this regarding Reduces the amount of extra weight and desires but performance that holds up over time in bed won't be rather fancy, but that's a top drawer place to begin.

    Red Boost



    ReplyDelete
  63. Buy Driver's License Online with easy steps by giving your data and practical demo.

    ReplyDelete
  64. UK driving licenses include information such as the driver's name, date of birth, address, photograph, and ‎details of any driving endorsements or disqualifications, So click here and Buy UK Driving License

    ReplyDelete
  65. Real driver's license is a government-issued document that grants an individual the legal right to operate a ‎motor vehicle on public roads. Real Driver License ‎online

    ReplyDelete
  66. A driver's license is a ‎government-issued document that allows individuals to operate a motor vehicle legally. ‎

    ReplyDelete
  67. Driver documents typically refer to the set of paperwork required for individuals to legally operate a vehicle. Driver Documents

    ReplyDelete